Application for: Electrical & Instrument Engineer
• Monitors plant performance, instigates and actions engineering solutions to improve productive efficiency, and solve recurring reliability problems, whilst ensuring maximum safety of personnel at all times. To specify, procure and install new plant and equipment.
- Reviews daily and work-in-progress reports, and takes follow-up action to prevent recurring problems.
- Tours the plant to monitor electrical equipment and facilities and takes follow up action on abnormalities.
- Plans/schedules electrical work programmes
- Troubleshoots and resets equipment.
- Carries out fault finding on digital, analogue electronic circuits.
- Designs and supervises the installation of power distribution systems in accordance with statutory regulations (range 11kv/415v/240v).
- Authorizes and makes changes to machine operating cycles.
- Carries out modifications and developments to control systems.
- Writes specifications for procurement of new items of plant, modifications to equipment and contractors/suppliers scope of work. Evaluates technical submissions by suppliers.
- Performs research and development work.
- Orders spares and replacement parts and materials. Researches alternatives. Inspects deliveries to ensure they comply with specifications.
- Assists maintenance in breakdown work.
- Be prepared to undertake visits locally and overseas to act as GARMCO’s engineering representative.
- Assists in preparation of the engineering and maintenance budgets.
- Attends meetings and takes action on decisions made.
- Deputizes for Maintenance Manager.
- Carries out any other related work as assigned by supervisor.
- The job holder is required to perform his/her duties in a safe manner with due regard for the safety of his/her fellow workers and Company operations in accordance with GARMCO Safety Policy and Bahrain statutory regulations.
- Electrical Engineering degree Graduate
- Good working knowledge of statutory regulations/installation practices/variable speed drives both a.c. and d.c./rolling practices/PLC’s – programmed development and fault finding/technical appreciation of PC’s and computer systems and data transfer systems.
Other Essential Requirements:
- Required good spoken and written English.
For Bahraini nationals only.