Application for: Electrical & Instrument Technician
Department: Electrical Engineering
Job Location(s): Bahrain
- Carries out fault diagnosis, rectification, inspections, calibrations, adjustments, modifications, installations and other electrical work required to maintain electrical equipment and facilities in optimum condition. Ensures safety of all electrical equipment.
- Receives work handover from previous shift electrician and receives work instructions from Electrical & Instrument Supervisor.
- Carries out routine inspections and maintenance of machines and equipment and completes work checklist.
- Answers service calls and troubleshoots electrical equipment.
- Carries out repairs as per TSRs.
- Follows PM schedule in all areas including main substations and switchgear.
- Checks test-data through recorders to check working condition. Reports and makes necessary adjustments as required.
- Follows isolation request procedure to isolate equipment for safe working.
- Familiar with operation of programmable logic controllers, a.c. and d.c. drive system and can follow routines to locate plant faults.
- Assists in the job skills training of trade apprentices and new electricians.
- Checks overhead crane and brake adjustments.
- Carries out work on piping installations, wiring and work on electrical panels.
- Carries out any other related work as assigned by supervisor.
- The job holder is required to perform his/her duties in a safe manner with due regard for the safety of his/her fellow workers and Company operations in accordance with GARMCO Safety Policy and Bahrain statutory regulations.
- Diploma in Electrical Technology.
- Thorough knowledge of variable speed drives, control circuit interpretation and network systems.
- Appreciation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and manuals.
Other Essential Requirements:
- Required very good spoken and written English.
For Bahraini nationals only.