Application for: Mechanical Technician
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Job Location(s): Bahrain
- Carry out all mechanical maintenance requirements in the area of responsibility in the most efficient, effective, safe and cost effective manner aiming to minimize the down time and to optimize plant machinery and equipment conditions.
- Carries out daily PM on Mechanical Machinery and,
- Attends machine breakdowns and carries out the necessary repair.
- Carries out daily plant inspections using checklist in the regard.
- Repairs, reconditions and overhauls machinery in the plant or in the workshop.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot all mechanical maintenance requirements.
- Participate in the development of plant machinery and equipment as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Carry out all the necessary repairs as TSRs and work orders.
- Carry out machining fabrication for miscellanies jobs.
- Carry out monthly overhead crane (OHC) sling inspections.
- Carry out welding and fabrication as and when required.
- Carry out all necessary and possible repairs of spare parts as and when required.
- Respond to callout as and when required to support the plant operation.
- Investigate customer claims and complains by phone, letter and visiting as when required.
- Adhere to the company’s and the Bahrain statutory regulations while doing his job.
- Carry out any other related work as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and diagrams.
- Good knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic machines.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of welding, cutting, riveting and machine shop works.
Other Essential Requirements:
- Required very good spoken and written English.
For Bahraini nationals only.